Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw posts saying to cut two 45 degree cuts to make the 90 bend in the corner of the door run channel so that was my plan, but when I recently pulled the old run channel out of another car the run channel had just been bent 90 and tucked up in the corner. 45 degree cuts are still the way to go, right?

·
Registered
20,121 Posts
Nice radius no, a sharp 90* maybe needed/wanted. Not gonna hurt anything depends on how it wants to lay in there.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good deal. I think I'm going to go ahead and do the cuts to make the 90 degree bend. If something goes wrong I'll pull the channel out and flip it around with the failed cut in the vertical section.

·
Registered
1974 Nova, 1977 Nova
2,063 Posts
When I replaced the window run channels in my '74 & '77, all the old ones had notches cut into the sides where they make the 90° bend at the upper/rear corner of the window frame. I would think leaving them un-cut would make the sides have a tendency to bunch up in the corner.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks, guys. Indecision paralysis had struck again. I hate having to buy these parts a first time, certainly don't want to do it a second time.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I cut the 45 degree cuts to make the 90 bend. Had to pull it back out to snip one side just a tiny bit more because it wanted to overlap.

Additional thoughts for future searchers:

I've read where some used a little adhesive, I don't think any is needed. It's in there pretty good.

I put mine in before I put the vent window in, not for any reason, that's just how my assembly order went. I cut the top run channel off where it would meet the vent window. After I put the vent window in I saw the run channel could've tucked up in the vent window frame another half inch or so. I would've done this if I had known.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts