Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want better gas milage and was told to go for a 308. Anyone wanna swap?
I live in Cullman Alabama.

Email :[email protected]

or text me:256-962-4668

·
Registered
275 Posts
hey, just out of curiosity - what engine are you running? what revs were you seeing at around 60mph ?

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
you forgot to post if you have a 12 bolt or 10 bolt rear....

I have a 10 bolt. I have a 350 motor. Someone asked me if it was 8.5" What are they talking about?

·
Super Moderator
31,194 Posts
you forgot to post if you have a 12 bolt or 10 bolt rear....
72 only came with 10 bolt 8.5, so unless he changed it your assumption would be safe, plus he would be one of the first folks I know to want a 308 12 bolt!:rolleyes::D

·
Super Moderator
31,194 Posts
The 8.5's are also stronger then the 8.2's, so try to stay with a 8.5 if possible. If I was close I would trade you myself.:(

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Location does play a big role in swapping :/ The guy is gonna look to see if its an 8.5 or not...the rearend could have been swapped. I was told its easier to swap rearends than gears and you have to have special stuff to align the gears when only swapping them. But I think the guy I'm talking to about it only has the gears.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Super Moderator
31,194 Posts
That is a great link for reference, the gears and complete rear end are about the same work to re & re, but the gears require more knowledge to do the swap though, so most opt to swap the whole rear.:yes:

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
That is a great link for reference, the gears and complete rear end are about the same work to re & re, but the gears require more knowledge to do the swap though, so most opt to swap the whole rear.:yes:
That being said...would it make sense to charge more for only swapping gears?

·
Super Moderator
31,194 Posts
That being said...would it make sense to charge more for only swapping gears?
Yes, because you're paying for knowledge/education as opposed to just parts changing.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
gotcha :hiding:

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
That's the link I was trying to send you! I don't know why it isn't right, but, the one you have is the right one.
That's what i figured when yours didn't work.

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
I have a 10 bolt. I have a 350 motor. Someone asked me if it was 8.5" What are they talking about?
If they asked you if your rear is 8.5" then i would assume they want to know how wide your butt is maybe? So maybe they are trying to figure out if you are skinny or not. I think its kinda rude but...

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
If they asked you if your rear is 8.5" then i would assume they want to know how wide your butt is maybe? So maybe they are trying to figure out if you are skinny or not. I think its kinda rude but...
Yeah, I think youre right. :bored: They must be from the north. Turns out I have an 8.5" butt which is stronger than a 8.2 at least :p

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
Yeah, I think youre right. :bored: They must be from the north. Turns out I have an 8.5" butt which is stronger than a 8.2 at least :p
yeah i agree... your lucky they didn't ask you to post a picture of your butt,lol. So anyway you have the bigger butt, thats much better then the smaller one...

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
:rolleyes: ha

1 - 20 of 23 Posts