Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi Guy's, a question for the experienced engine guru's:
I'm having a sbc 400 based (.040 over) 408 short block built.
I want to reuse my Lunati VooDoo (60103) Hydraulic flat tappet: 489/504 Lift 268/276 cam with 1.6 rockers.I'm told I should get new lifters due to possible misalignment of cam to lobes (core shift and such) even with keeping all matched to original positions.
Assuming this to be correct, do I go with the voodoo lifters or what lifters are preferred or recommended?
Thanks for any advice.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Hi Guy's, a question for the experienced engine guru's:
I'm having a sbc 400 based (.040 over) 408 short block built.
I want to reuse my Lunati VooDoo (60103) Hydraulic flat tappet: 489/504 Lift 268/276 cam with 1.6 rockers.I'm told I should get new lifters due to possible misalignment of cam to lobes (core shift and such) even with keeping all matched to original positions.
Assuming this to be correct, do I go with the voodoo lifters or what lifters are preferred or recommended?
Thanks for any advice.
It depends on how high your going to rev it along with spring pressures & valvetrain allignment, I'm running both Lunati & Chet Herbert lifters in my 406, The Lunati cam is mild (465/488) lift, The Herbert cam is (510/510), My springs are Doubles at 132 seat, 320 @ .500 lift, I'm having no problems with mine, even had it to 6800 a couple times with the bigger cam & no bleed down, If you want to run like 0 preload, go with some Anti-Pump up lifters, But i'm sure you'll be fine with a basic lifter with the cam you have, I'm running 1.5 roller rockers.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Used Cam

Hi,
If you kept all the lifters in the correct order and they all look ok on the face I would use them again.
Rick

·
Premium Member
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies.. glad you got what I was meaning to say!
Re-read my post and meant ... lifter bores to cam lobes :eek:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts