Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks to Steve’s Nova Site members and all the posts I have read I finally got this thing fired up about a week ago.

Had a few bugs to work out that had me worried:confused: .

After breaking in the cam the starter wouldn’t turn it over until it cooled down. After a sleepless night I remembered reading post here on proper grounding, so I jumped my trunk mounted battery ground to my exhaust pipe with my jumper cables. Problem solved.

2nd problem, the diesel oil looked weired like coolant or something, plus one of the radiator hoses was leaking. Another sleepless night until I pulled the pan and checked my splayed cap bolt that broke into the waterway. That was fine. Put it all back together and used oil I was used to seeing and every thing has looked normal since.

No detonation problems with the 10.12 / 1 CR, went up the biggest hill around on the freeway in OD at 2000rpm and couldn’t get it to ping.

Chuck

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
SuperSport said:
Sweet!!! Yo, Chuck I was talking to Brian (blown67) and we are thing of meeting up with the un-official (Glendor, Pomona area) club. We are thinking of going to the next pomona cruise. Maybe we can see you, Dale, Mike, Dave and the rest of the bunch there that day.
The NHRA Museum cruise has plenty of nice cars to check out.
Going to Irwindale tonight to make some easy passes to see how things go. May have solved my oil leak last night.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts