Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My name is Woodrow I live in Northeast Texas, I have a 1964 Chevy 2 4 door with 230 inline 6! I really want to make a daily driver out of this solid car. I spent a fortune on building a LS swapped 1970 SWB Stepside C-10 from the frame up. I didn't get to enjoy the finished product like I wanted to. But I want to keep this car simple and just drive it. Just a couple mods to increase performance of that 230.

·
Registered
5,186 Posts
Welcome Woodrow. Sounds like a plan for your next build. It's seems hard to know what to build. We start out small for a driver and keep on doing more and more until we get one that is so nice we are afraid to drive it. Good luck with you build and have fun with it.

·
Premium Member
3,819 Posts
I have a 250 in my 68.

Performance parts for your 230 are available

For frequent use, I suggest the following:

Electronic distributor. Try 12bolt.com. I got mine from Langdon stovebolt but know that 12bolt.com purchased some of Langdon's stock. The distributor is a modified unit from a S-10 v6.

Dual exhaust. One of the above should have cast iron headers.

4bbl intake and carb: I am using a 500 cfm Edelbrock carb and Offenhauser intake. There are other options.

Transmission: Install a overdrive transmission. 200-4R works good and bolts up to your 230 engine.

Rear gears: If you opt for an overdrive, then you can increase low end acceleration by installing 3.73 (or3.42) gears.

·
Registered
4,668 Posts
Hello Woodrow .......

I grew up in Texas a long time back. Just where in Texas ........ my Mom last lived in Copeville, and my old bosses lived in Farmersville.
I've been to Paris a few times ... a long time ago ..... :cool:

Glad to have you join up , I've got a 69 Nova with the 250 motor that I'm keeping alive & running well.

·
Registered
4,002 Posts
:waving:Welcome from Wisconsin! :horse: Pics?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts