Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well after deciding to build a 406 my plans got cancelled. I bought a 97 chevy truck from a dealer that needed an engine. I decided to build a ht383 for the truck 340 horse and 430 ft lbs sounded pretty good. Just found out the dealer who was getting me a title lied to me about it and there's a loan they did'nt pay off so no title. They also went out of business last week after the state came and shut them down for selling cars without titles. Rather than put this engine into the truck that may never be mine i'm going to put it in the 65 nova. Do you guys think I should just get a wiring harness and drop it in or throw a carb on there? the cams not huge but it would'nt take much to change that. I just dont know if i like the vortec intake any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Shawn

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
definitely have options. Throw it in as is with a carb, 430ft/lbs torque with alittle stall speed and short tires=massive burnouts!!!!

Or change the intake and heads, put in a bigger cam and a double roller chain.

·
Premium Member
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)

Yeah I just bought a weiend stealth intake on ebay hard to pass up a new polished intake for 114.00 vortec style none the less. So I guess i'm doing the carb set up. should I run 600 or 750cfm? Cam choices?

Shawn

1 - 3 of 3 Posts