Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The disassembly went very smooth. I started reassembling the rear as Im still waiting for the delivery of the CPP Sub Frame Kit. Everything went together pretty smooth in the rear. Today I assembled the booster and master cylinder. Im having a heck of a time routing the new lines from the master cylinder however. I actually considered pulling the motor tonite before I decided to call it a nite and take in some tv with the kids.
7.jpg[/IMG]jpg[/IMG]]

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Its not as tight as it looks. The booster and master cylinder weren't buttoned up tight in those pics. I hadnt hooked up all the lines to the proportioning valve yet so everything was loose.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I actually bought the kit from Matts Classic Bowties in CA. I also purchased the CPP kit from them. The brake kit though shipped from The Right Stuff near Columbus, Ohio. They were both very helpful and quite responsive.

I didnt know that the CPP kit I ordered didnt include the coil spring perch that mounts to the top of the upper A arm. Im currently waiting for them in order to finish the install.

After wrestling with the pre-bent break lines for longer than my patience would allow (being careful not to kink them) I decided to pull the motor, freshen it up and detail it while I finished the brakes. Last time I had it out was twenty years ago and it looked a little haggard after I got the shiny booster and master cylinder in there.

Four wheel disc brake kit. $1,000.00

CPP Mini Sub Frame kit. $800.00

The look on your wifes face when you tell her the Nova wont be moving until she comes off another $2,000 for wheels and tires......Priceless!

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The disc brake conversion keeps growing. Got the motor out today. It will get a freshening along with new aluminum intake. Nothing special but here are some more pics. The wife just keeps rolling her eyes.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I couldnt find that date on the GG show in Columbus?? I have two weeks of family vacation coming up in July and both are away from home so it will be late July or August before its back on the road. The wheels should be here today though so I can at least get it on the ground an clean up the garage a bit.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
A little pre mature but I couldnt resist throwing the wheels on to see how they look not to mention push it outside to do a little clean up in the garage. Im having a heck of a time with the right rear and the left front. Both calipers fit way too tight over the rotors. Ive done all the obvious things. Im wondering if the spindle on the front and the bracket on the rear are slightly off front the manufacturing process.

Wheels are 17X7 with 4" backspace. Tires are 215/45/17 front and rear.

·
Registered
94 Posts
[/IMG]
You have a very nice car. I really like the fact that your wheels are both the same size front and rear. I've been struggling with a question on wheel sizes on my 66, mainly with information on this website: http://www.2quicknovas.com/6267.html

Why is it that most folks use different tire sizes on the front and back? You can't rotate the tires so the tread wears evenly if you have two different tire sizes. I bought my car in January and it has 235/60/15 back and 195/55/15 on the front....why do folks do this? Sorry to hijack your thread, but I don't know where else to ask without someone getting upset.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The disc conversion just keeps growing. The brakes have been done for months now. The buddy that talked me into going through the motor and offered to do it (old sprint car guy who built his own engines) went and had a heart attack while the motor was completely disassembled. That put me behinde schedule. Luckily hes OK now and we are moving forward. The motor is now ready to go back in. The interior is out now in order to cut a hole for the tranny. Nothing too exciting in these pictures but its a cold night in Ohio.

·
Registered
629 Posts
A little pre mature but I couldnt resist throwing the wheels on to see how they look not to mention push it outside to do a little clean up in the garage. Im having a heck of a time with the right rear and the left front. Both calipers fit way too tight over the rotors. Ive done all the obvious things. Im wondering if the spindle on the front and the bracket on the rear are slightly off front the manufacturing process.

I like these wheels.:yes: What are they? Torq thrust 2? Rev?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts