Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do you hook up THM700-R4 4 speed automatic transmission with a three speed B&M floor shifter? I plan on getting a TH350 in the winter but it is my dialy driver so I need a quick fix for now.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Why would you switch from a 700-R4 to a THM 350? That's going backwards! It's essentially the same trans, but you'd be giving up the overdrive.

·
Registered
5,781 Posts
Woa woa woa woa woa.....

Are you SURE it is a 700R4 in there now? Is there a vacuum modulator? Then it isn't a 700r4. There are several ways to find out what trans you have. Granted it IS a 700R4, I think if you don't have the kickdown(TV cable on a 700R4) hooked up, and probably don't have a lock-up kit installed, then that may well be the cause of all your previous problems!:yes:

Make sure which trans you have then come back and tell us!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It does have a modulator on the back of the transmission. Don't know what this means. The cable that came on the original trans does not have that long sloted kickdown cable end though. It has that black round plastic end that doesn't slide at all. What about the torqe converter lockup thing? If anybody knows what the stock transmission is in a 1985 Chevy c10 pickup with 305ci engine - this is where I got my engine and trans.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Deffinitely the th350 is what I have then. Sorry about the confussion - mainly me being confussed. Does anybody have a diagram for hooking up the kickdown cable to a holly carb. What bracket do I need that can hold the kickdown and throtle cable.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts