Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there any literature that tells me where the stock location for the hole in the transmission tunnel for a 4 speed is? Thanks!

·
Premium Member
510 Posts
Position

If you purchase a metal panel it will have stamping profiles that will over lay your floor. Lay in place mark the outer edger then back off 1"or so and cut a hole inboard of the marking .Then cut ! good luck.:yes:

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
Here's a pic. You can see there is an indention to match the indention in the floor.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys, appreciate the feedback. Let me ask this, if I want to verify it was an original 4 speed car what should I look for? The one I’m looking at has been welded around the perimeter of the hole on the under side? It all looks original but it’s kind of a sloppy weld job. Thanks

·
Premium Member
2,059 Posts
Thanks guys, appreciate the feedback. Let me ask this, if I want to verify it was an original 4 speed car what should I look for? The one I’m looking at has been welded around the perimeter of the hole on the under side? It all looks original but it’s kind of a sloppy weld job. Thanks
Look on the cowl tag...it will have an "L" on the 2nd line on the tag for a factory 4 speed car.

Dave

1 - 6 of 6 Posts