Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there, my local track will require a neutral safety switch, ugh. I have all the new AAW wiring, so it's all there just capped up in dash. Have a muncie 4 speed. I'm thinking the easiest way will be to mount a momentary switch off of the clutch pedal similar to a brake switch off of the brake pedal.

If anyone else has done it this way, can you post a photo on how you fabbed up your bracket?

Thank you in advance!

·
Registered
1969 Nova . . 2dr . . Chino Valley,Az USA
4,848 Posts
Duntov

I did a auto / to Manual swap back in Feb/March (2018), and used this clutch mounted switch :

http://www.heartbeatcitycamaro.com/...eutral-Safety-Switch-4-Speed-Mounts-on-Pedal/

"HeartBeat city.com" --- it's a Chevy Camaro site --- It IS a VERY GOOD site & list GM Factory Assembly Manual "Part Numbers" (great for cross reference).
That NSS fit great, correct, & works right ....... I DID order other parts from them , some ... that I did return ... I WOULD Order from them again, treated me ok ( FYI ).
Unplug u'r stock (column mounted nss) and just plug in the wire pig-tail.

Hint : I did remove my front seat ... but ... I was also installing all my "clutch / brake pedals" at that time .... easier working under the dash.

PS -- That 'NSS' came complete (includes all the parts w/wiring plug).

jim

·
Registered
1969 Nova . . 2dr . . Chino Valley,Az USA
4,848 Posts
wow, even the correct wiring color! Thanks!
I really like it when you can get ANY part , and It Works like it should. Plus, HBC was good to buy/work with.

OK ..... when you get under your dash ... use a very good 'drop light' ... those Very Small 'hair-pin clips' ... that go on the rod-ends ... just, saying don't drop them, you may never find 'em.

Hopes this helps, it's still working Great for me.

(my new clutch pedal even had those mounting holes, already ... may want to check that ).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts