Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello everyone. I was wondering if anyone had a picture of a 67 ss 4 speed tranny hump with a console I have and auto in the car now with a hump but was wondering if I put a 4 speed in with a console would I need to change anything on the tranny hump. Most of the 4speed humps I see on the net. say w/o console...any help would be greatly appreciated...pic.'s coming soon....thanks in advance.....

·
Premium Member
3,151 Posts
So you have a factory 67 SS auto now if I understand right?

If so, I will find a pic of what it looks like when you remove the auto hump. You have to fill in quite a gap in the hump because the 4 speed opening is in a different spot.

If you click on this and read through the 4 pages you will see how mine looked.

http://stevesnovasite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44764

·
Registered
133 Posts
Thanks for posting those pics...i'm in the process of doing the exact same thing. Those pics are worth a thousand words for me right now! I need to find someplace near me to buy some sheetmetal to fill in where I cut out the auto hump.

Scott

·
Premium Member
3,151 Posts
I could not find a car with a good hump to cut up when I did mine. If I could have it would have been very easy. I finally made it out of sheet metal but that took a bit longer. In the end it turned out fine, just more work.

If you can find a 4 door hump that would be perfect. Make sure you take your time drilling out the spot welds and remove the automatic hump as nicely as possible. I really enjoyed that whole floor pan/hump project. It takes some time but it's very rewarding.

Oh and to answer the original question I am quite sure the 4 speed hump is the same for console or no console.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts