Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in the middle of my second restoration of my first gen 62' Chevy II, 2 door coupe (bucket seats). I'm converting from a 6 cylinder Power Glide to a small block 350 with a Super T10 4 speed. I purchased the 4 speed sheet metal hump, but need to confirm hump location. Here's my question: If I install the 4 speed hump according to the reliefs pressed into the hump, what specific Super T10 tailhousing and Hurst Competition Plus shift kit will I need to make certain the shifter is centered on the welded in speed hump?

Secondarily, unless someone has direct experience with this install combo (i.e. 350 SBC/Super T10/Hurst Shifter), should I assume that I need to install engine and tranny (without shifter) and take measurements before determining specific shifter location and accompanying shifter kit I need.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Rob

·
Registered
1969 Nova . . 2dr . . Chino Valley,Az USA
4,934 Posts
NO --- I'm not your man ...

I did install a standard tranny last Feb/Mar (2018). Then, I was sad too have to cut a shifter hole in my (good) floor. My 69 IS a 250 / 6, with a p/g trans, but , put everything together, installed the trans (w/o the clutch installed) ....... then, marked out my shifter - location - hole.

#2 (you can see HOW CLEAN my "under car floors" are).

#4 (making sure NOT to make the hole 'too big' ).

#5 Look at the "red dots" -- I even made the cut-out-hole smaller, to fit better.

#6 Ended up with this -- looks good - fits good.

just throwing out some ' ideas ' .

my install worked out really well .... if you think about how it will look in the end. My trans was different than yours -- but, pictures are good for everyone , I did-not have a shifter - hump.
If I had your car ...... and, you only want too make a good cut-out to your floor , just take your time, and, it works.

(my Trans = B/W T 5 5speed , behind my 250) .. (and, pictures are
...... ' golden ' ).

There were shifter hump measurements on here somewhere , somebody will remember ( may have been for a 3rd gen car).
Floor holes were usually 'rough-cut' .... then the hump would cover that spot.

·
Registered
1969 Nova . . 2dr . . Chino Valley,Az USA
4,934 Posts
Pop's

Check out the 'bottom of this page' (or any page) , "Similar Threads"
may be find your question already answered looking there

just FYI

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for your help. You did a really nice job with your conversion! Looks like it belongs. I bet it's a lot more fun to drive.

Thanks again!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts