Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys was just wondering what kind of clutch set up you guys are running , I have a HAYES STREET/ STRIP is there anything better or is this a good clutch the car sees alot of street time goes to the track a few times a year . I also run drag radials , 383 stroker, muncie M21 trans, 12 bolt 3:73 gear in a 70 nova

·
Registered
532 Posts
I am running a Centerforce dual friction 10.5" in my car. It has held up very well and has never let me down.

·
Premium Member
4,365 Posts
You have a decent clutch now. Drag tires will challenge most street clutches

·
Registered
627 Posts
ditto on zoom products.:yes: would not put another hayes product on any vehicle I ever own, but displeasure with product is also associated with long gone super shops.:mad::(:mad: how long have you had the hayes in? If is starting to go would upgrade but if it's okay let it ride untill you need to replace it.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The hayes clutch has been in i think maybe 3 years . I dont no anything about zoom products , Do they have a good street/ strip clutch , like i said the car see's more street than the strip but would like to take it alot more to the strip this year since i only got to take it once last year , But thats cause the motor was out getting rebuild.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Ya that Hayes dual center force clutch works real good for me, Running a 396 10.5 to 1 square port head, roller dynamax cam 601 intake and exuast, four speed 355 gears, Shifting at 6800 RPM Handled that just fine, I don't take it to the track but a treat like I do.:devil:

·
Vendor
7,085 Posts
I had the Mcleod 10.85 clutch for the 153 tooth flywheel in my 67 when it had a 4 speed.Pedal effort was nice,did not slip even with slicks but it wanted to chatter slightly when it was hot.I ran a 10.5 Hays street/strip before that and it would not handle slicks at all.Alot of the secret is in the disc material.

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
The hayes clutch has been in i think maybe 3 years . I dont no anything about zoom products , Do they have a good street/ strip clutch , like i said the car see's more street than the strip but would like to take it alot more to the strip this year since i only got to take it once last year , But thats cause the motor was out getting rebuild.
look into the Zoom HP5505-1 or the HP5552-1 clutch kits for your car. both kits are 11" diaphram style clutch with a full kevlar discs for a low coeficient of friction. the only difference between these 2 part numbers is that the 5505 have a 2200LBS static pressure plate while the 5552 has a 2800LBS static pressure plate that gives it s higher clamp load....if yo uhave a 26 spline main counter shaft add the letter A to the end of the part number...check out there website www.zoomclutch.com for more details and use there there caculator to figure out how much torque the clutch will hold so you know which matches your cars torques output for your application....the HP5505 has a maxium torque of 725lbf while the HP5552 has a maxium torque of 923lbf ....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts