Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was walking through a junkyard today and I came across what i believe was a 64 nova, with 5 lugs in the back and front.

I should be able to interchange this right? I want to go back to the stock suspension since the previous owner of my 63 put a crazy suspension on.

I thought the first gens all had four lug, wonder if this car i saw was once upgraded by an owner.

·
Registered
3,859 Posts
62-63= 4-lug. 64 and on were all 5-lug. Grab from the spindles/steering arms out and the rear end. All parts will bolt in.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Yea the parts are interchangable. Pick it all up for front suspension parts like the spindles steering arms hubs if its brum brakes the drums if you want to run drums and I think that is it and for the rear just take the whole thing. I have steering arms and hubs if you are interested.

·
Registered
583 Posts
You could if you wanted to. I guess you dont mind keeping the original front sub on your car? if not then yea that would probly be alot eaisier.

·
Registered
3,859 Posts
swaping out spindles is alot easier than changing an entire subframe:turn:

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
If your front clip is in good shap save your money. Just get the rear end,spindles,steering arms. If you are any kind of a hotrodder or a cruiser you will probably change the front suspension anyways. If you are going for all original show car get the whole thing. You might as well get a game plan together now! If money is tight spend it wisely! why spend the extra money if you dont need too.

What is so bad about your front end now? Reason I ask cause if youstill have stock subframe now that is just wore out. You will prob want to put a CPP mini subframe kit on it at some point anyways(best thing you can do,do a search in the search section). Which would replace the lower control arms anyways. If you ever go disc brakes in the front the 5 lug spindle can be converted to disc eaisly. Its all about coming up with a plan of what you want the car to be in the future/money/down time. Check out www.churchboysracing.com:yes:. They probably have the best front end upgrade you can do for your can and you can purchase it in intervals. That way you do have to spring for all the money up front.

Coming up with a plan now will save you a ton of money in the future.:D

·
Registered
2,728 Posts
The 4 lug drums are 9 inch diameter.

The 5 lug drums are 10 inch diameter.

Plus with the 5 lug drum you have a 5 on 4 3/4 inch bolt pattern.
This givs you a bigger after market WHEEL selection ove the 4 lug.

Bryan

1 - 9 of 9 Posts