Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone still manufacture 14' 4-lug rims for a 1963 Chevy Nova SS. Just started restoration.

·
Vendor
1,493 Posts
Are you looking for stock or something aftermarket in style? I am not aware of stock style rims being produced. Certain import 4-lug rims do fit.

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
i know they made a 4 lug steel wheel, but i don't know what it went on. back in like 67-68 i found a pair in a junk yard that fit a 62 nova. i had to grind a small bit from the center hole to fit over the center hub of the axle. painted them black an put some moon caps on. sure looked good on that chevy ll as i now had 14's an wider tires. so at lest you know they were made by chevy, or ford, or....

·
Vendor
1,493 Posts
I think Nissan / Datsun is one of the rims that fits. Possibly some BMW as well.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Are you looking for stock or something aftermarket in style? I am not aware of stock style rims being produced. Certain import 4-lug rims do fit.
My first car, a moredoor Nova, had 4 lugs. I remember saving money to buy these wheels, like $23 each in the mid 60's was a fortune! The paint IMG_1208.JPG with the wrinkle black top was like $200. Sorry I got off topic. You can get any wheel you want for that car, might just have to pay more.

·
Vendor
1,493 Posts
You can get any wheel you want for that car, might just have to pay more.
This is true. There are places that will make rims to order. One I always here good things about is in the Los Angeles area, always forget the name of the place. I am told they have Nova guys on staff.

·
Registered
409 Posts
There are probably steel and chrome steel wheels in 14 inch that you can get new I had 15 inch chrome steel wheels on my car. new fancy wheels may be hard to find, you may be able to find older mags like anson sprints, and there are some import wheels that will fit. I think there is a thread that has a list of what import ones have the same bolt pattern

·
Registered
2,514 Posts
Does anyone still manufacture 14' 4-lug rims for a 1963 Chevy Nova SS. Just started restoration.
Stock 63 Nova SS Nova 14” 4 lug wheels are a one year only option item.. There might be a set sitting on a shelf somewhere but you’ll have to be pretty lucky to find them.. You’d be doing yourself a favor if you converted to 5 lug.. You’ll have options that are not available to you with the 4 lug setup..

·
Vendor
1,493 Posts
I agree with going to 5-lug unless you have a compelling reason to stay with 4-lug, like the car is a one owner time capsule or you are into concourse restos. 4-lug will cost you more to restore and maintain in the long run. The brake parts are finally reproduced, but I believe it is all overseas produced. The NOS and NORS stuff if getting scarce and expensive.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I have a full set of 14" steel factory wheels and a spare. Sent you a PM.
I've decided to put a 4 wheel disc conversion on....15 " wheels required, but thanks for the offer. Trying to stay with the original housing, buying a Easton posi and trying to find 17 spline axles to match differential...stock 3.08:1 so I can use original pinion. I have a set of 4 lug but not in the best shape...
This is my first rebuild, so be patient with me. Thanks to everyone who responded....I appreciate.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts