Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
26,231 Posts
still a good deal for those who'd like to improve on the ol'drum set up and stick with the 4 luggers... if the new 4dr wasn't destined for oblivion i'd consider that kit. ;)

·
Registered
470 Posts
What 14" wheels can you use with that and also the factory ('63) SS wheel covers?

I've considered using that kit and leaving my car 4-lug all the way around, but if it requires custom wheels it'd probably wind up costing more than a 5-lug swap.

·
Registered
26,336 Posts
IF YA PLANNED ON RUNNIN' STOCK WHEELS AND HAVE NO INTENTION ON CHANGING, THIS IS THE KIT TO DO! GOOD PRICE TOO! :yes:
BUT FOR A FOUR LUGGER, IT'S JUS' TOO LIMITED ON WHEELS FOR ME!:bored:

·
Registered
5,310 Posts
he installed it then probably realized it was STILL inferior to bigger brakes
and went to 5 lug
http://www.ebay.com/itm/1962-63-CHE...Parts_Accessories&hash=item3ccd1697a0&vxp=mtr
This was the item that I won from Hottweelz (Jim Genty). I won it the third time that he listed the parts for his $200.00 listing price. He never sent them to me after it was paid in full. I filed a case with E-Bay and got a full refund. Do not buy anything from this guy, check his feedback as he has other unhappy customers.

The following are other links to threads that I posted about this issue.

http://www.stevesnovasite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=213435

http://www.stevesnovasite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=213436

:ragtop:

·
Registered
5,310 Posts
Go figure after E-Bay closed the case by refunding my full purchase price on January 28th. Jim Genty ships the parts using UPS overnight express on the 28th at around 5pm PST and they show up on my door step this morning about 0830 hours CST. He then sent me a PayPal invoice for the $200.00 that the parts sold for on E-Bay and he was not changing me the $65.00 for shipping.

Well after all the trouble, head aches, and frustration he turns out to be a stand up guy. Now I have to take back the harsh words that I had for him.

Now my 63 Nova will finally get the front disk brakes after all!! :D

·
Registered
470 Posts
Now my 63 Nova will finally get the front disk brakes after all!! :D

I'm very, very interested in your experience with this kit - fit and ease of installation, does it push the wheels out like some 5-lug kits, can you use the original 4-lug, 14" wheels, what pads do you order when it's time to replace them, etc. Would you mind updating this one or even starting a new thread about it once it's installed?

·
Registered
5,310 Posts
I'm very, very interested in your experience with this kit - fit and ease of installation, does it push the wheels out like some 5-lug kits, can you use the original 4-lug, 14" wheels, what pads do you order when it's time to replace them, etc. Would you mind updating this one or even starting a new thread about it once it's installed?
Scott210,

When I install the kit I will keep you updated on what I encounter.

Stay tuned.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts