Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After I installed my 4link heidts rear kit im getting a lot of squeaking noise from the back, going over bumps and turning corners. Has anyone had this problem? How can I fix it?

·
Registered
3,601 Posts
After I installed my 4link heidts rear kit im getting a lot of squeaking noise from the back, going over bumps and turning corners. Has anyone had this problem? How can I fix it?
If the heims ar not self lubricating (I don't knoy what type TCI uses) they will need regular oiling. You should also check them for any play at the same time.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
okay so I found out that it's not the 4 link that's doing the squeaking. it's the new frame rails that connect to the front of the body from the 4 link. it seems the metal of the cabin is rubbing or scraping against the frame when I drive up hill or over bumps or move up and down in the back passenger seat. need help on how to fix it. thanks. not exactly in the back but on the right side of the car right next to the entrance of door.

·
Registered
310 Posts
I also have the Heidt 4 link on a 67 Nova. I added a "L" shaped brackets right about in the middle of the floor attaching the tube to the floor pan. Doesn't move.

But my 4 link is a groaner. Slow speed off camber turns it's nosiy. I'm looking at some type of johnny joint solution. Mine has the poly ends and yes it's lubed with the correct lube. The Heidt control arms have no provision for lubing after installation. I think most of the noise comes from the "side" of the ploy bushing rubbing on the mount not the steel bushing inside the poly mount. My the Heidt four link frame is powder coated so the friction between the mount and the poly bushing is worst case. Powder coat is somewhat soft and has a very high CO of friction once the lube is squeezed out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts