Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are some old pics I rounded up of the transformation of a 4 door into the twin turbo 2 door sedan.:yes::yes:

A case of krylon and the rest is history!!!!!:D:D

·
Premium Member
15,966 Posts
That is amazing!

What is a pro-spot???????

Al

·
Registered
28 Posts
what was the determining factor on where you made your quarter panel splice? was the splice butt welded? or a flanged splice? also how did you handle the splice of the "B" pillar into the roof? if you have more pictures ,could you post them? ...thanks!

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
splicing

We hung the door to determine placement for quarter. The b pillar is spot welded so we drilled it and replaced it with the sedan section. Quarter was but welded. These are the only pics I have as my other computer crashed and found these on my photo bucket account.

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
job

Thanks this is why the car is my favorite by far. It was the cleanest 4 dr I had ever seen. The only reason I cut it up as it was hit in the drivers side doors and light quarter damage on the same side. Got to love cars from Cali

·
Super Moderator
67 4 door, 65 wagon (in pieces)
6,667 Posts
Thanks this is why the car is my favorite by far. It was the cleanest 4 dr I had ever seen. The only reason I cut it up as it was hit in the drivers side doors and light quarter damage on the same side. Got to love cars from Cali
I'm so glad I got to Lucille before you got your hands on her.

·
Premium Member
135 Posts
That came out really good, nice job! When I first saw the other thread title with this in it, I was expecting to see a six foot long door that opened from the back!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Awesome Job!

The car looks killer with the Flat Black paint and the Grey wheels.......
Who makes the wheels? What is the size front and back? Looks great!

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Chop cut REBUILD

Lucille was safe I would never cut up a good car. The wheels are Boyd coddington 17 in front, 18 in rear.

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
Thanks for posting the pics and telling how it was done.

Some may disagree, but I even like the trim at the base of the sail panel.

How many cans in a case of Krylon? :) Looks like flat black.

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks

It takes between 6-8 cans depending on the wind!?!?!?!??

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
yeah that is the one

Now it is a twin turbo LSX set up it makes 1080 to rear wheels.:):)

·
Premium Member
2,106 Posts
Looks good. I've been debating on doing the same to a rusty 57 Bel Air I have. Now I have "some" confidence that it can be done. I was worried about it looking like a frankenstein, but your car looks great. Ok, time to get out the sawzall!

·
Premium Member
1,736 Posts
Very nice! :yes:

Do you use the doors from a normal 2 door or do you just keep the same doors and modify those. Man I like it!

-Justin

1 - 20 of 31 Posts