Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to install a dome light switch in my rear door pillars of my 65 4 door, like the taxi models had, but not sure if I could use replacement front ones, or use something else. I would like the light to come on when the rear doors are open as well. One last thing, I replaced the base and lens, and within a month the base melted where the bulb clips in. Any ideas on both these subjects?
Thanks

·
Premium Member
2,014 Posts
The regular switches use a straight fine thread tap so don't see why you could use them in back too. Don't know if there is a certain place in the door that they should be installed in. You can even buy new ones at the auto supply. Sounds like you have the incorrect bulb in the light and it si getting too hot.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
to kcmocarguy
Thanks for the info. I will try the switches, and I will also check my dome light bulb. I used one I had here, and thought it was the right one, but that goes to show you what I get for thinking. Ha-Ha

·
Premium Member
1,111 Posts
im not tryin to overlook the obvious but you do know you can turn the headlight switch and turn the dome lights on....to some youngins,this might not be obvious, get some 16 year old gung ho in your nova sometime and ask them how to dim the head lites,a lot wont have a clue,let a lone a three on the tree.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah I know the headlight switch turns on the dome light, but I'd like to have the light on when I'm buckiling in my daughter in the back, without using the headlight switch. As far as the 3 on the tree. I would guess about 90 percent of the kids nowadays would look at you and say "What?!"

1 - 5 of 5 Posts