Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,649 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else have a 4 cylinder in their ChevyII/Nova?

Just got one and will prolly need a rebuild. Are there any rebuild kits available??

·
Premium Member
1,304 Posts
4 Bangerrrrr!

Hey Now. I am sure there are alot of rebuild kits around. These engines were used on a lot of BCRA midget race cars through the 80's along with the iron duke. Check out circle track type sites. You could go from mild to wild. It depends on what you want to do.!! Sincerely, "Bill's" II BCRA= Bay Cities Racing Association. :cool:

·
Registered
682 Posts
Nightshade,

I'm restoring a 63 4 cyl 300 Series Chevy II so I've been collecting lots of parts and information. The 153 engine uses 283 pistons, and shares many other parts with the 230 L6, but the manual trans crossmember is unique to the early 4 cyl cars only. I have an extra new rv cam and other parts as well. You can also swap in the 181 Mercmarine engine, with the stock Chevy II or OMC head, for more grunt. Email me at [email protected] and I'll help if I can.

Thanks,

Dave

·
Registered
95 Posts
Went from 4 cyl to 8 cyl

If anyone needs some parts, I have a 68 Chevy II Nova that came with a 4 cyl. 3 speed. I swapped it out for bigger toys. I still have the motor and transmission. Bad thing is the block has a crack at piston #4. However, everything else is good... Head, 3 pistons :), lower half, etc. and the transmission. I'm located in Houston, Texas if anyone is interested.

·
Premium Member
13,649 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
WOW I havn't checked this thread in a month, I sent PM's and emails.

Thanks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts