Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I've got a 64 wagon project, a 72 that's show ready and hopefully Tuesday I'll have a 77.

I'm wanting the 77 to be a street legal small tire (26x8.5) drag strip killa!

The car is a running driving car but it has a Pontiac 400 and a Pontiac 400 tranny...It needs work on the driver side front door edge and the rear of that same side fender. I'm thinking about a full cage, I've got a Ford 9" at the shop for it and a built 350TH tranny if needed. I'm not expecting the Pontiac eng./trans. to stay in it long.

The car is complete though and we're at $600 on it so unless it's trash when i get there I think that's pretty cheap.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
I'm wanting the 77 to be a street legal small tire (26x8.5) drag strip killa!

The car is a running driving car but it has a Pontiac 400 and a Pontiac 400 tranny...It needs work on the driver side front door edge and the rear of that same side fender. I'm thinking about a full cage, I've got a Ford 9" at the shop for it and a built 350TH tranny if needed. I'm not expecting the Pontiac eng./trans. to stay in it long.
10 or 10.5 fit in 4th Gen without too much trouble.

My brother had a 400 Pontiac he used at the circle track I almost put in mine. Too intimidating at the time for a 17 yr old.

Anxious to see.

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I went to see the car, unfortunately it's a turd. He couldn't get it to start and it was much rougher than the pics...this clown finally said he put a lunati cam with over .550 lift in it and said it ran about 20 minutes and then quit. He did that without changing anything else...it also had a fair amount of rust too. anyway, he was a clown and the car wasn't what i wanted.:(

1 - 3 of 3 Posts