Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to line out an airconditioning system for my 73 Nova. I'm settled on a Vintage air evaperator. I also thought of using a GM serpentine system. Would the GM compresor work with the Vintage air sustem? Also I like the looks of braided steel lines, are they ruged? Thanks Don

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
Don,

I was told that the GM compressors aren't up to snuff on cooling the Novas down but, once mine is up and running, I will make the judgement call on that.

My serpentine belt system is off of a 1990 Firebird and that's the compressor I'm using. As far as the hoses, I opted for the rubber ones due to simplicity and match the rest of what I had under the hood.

Under my signature is my "build thread"

Dan

·
Registered
670 Posts
Im running a VA system in Mine but with the stock LS style compressor, there is a lot of debate on mine, but it works.

I cant imagine why yours wouldnt.

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
I am going to assume you are referring to the GM serpentine set up w/rotary compressor. They will work, but not quite as well as the Sanden, and have a rap for not holding up very well.

Regarding the LS compressor: It too will work as long as it is not the variable output compressor.

Regarding the Vintage Air evaporator, they are a very reliable unit that cools well.

Make sure that whatever hose/fitting you use are compatible to use with 134A.

Walt

1 - 5 of 5 Posts