Back, 15x10 4inch b/s
Front 15x3 1/2 1 3/4 b/s

Tires
Back, Hoosiers 29x13.5-15
Front,M/T Sportsman front runners 26x7.5-15

Rearend 53 inches drum to drum
and DSE mini tubs

Hey Hardcore!

I know this is an old post, but this is a great looking car! I would love to get the specifics on your rear suspension. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Stay tuned. I've got a set of Cragar C61 direct drill's coming for the 74.

Fronts 15 x 6 with 3.25" backspace
Rears 15 x 7 with 4" backspace.

For whatever reason Cragar does not offer custom offsets any longer. Isn't that something? Don't offer a wheel that fits the rear so you can tuck a basic 275/60 under them. :no: Where there is a will there is a way. :yes:

I'll be taking a cutoff wheel to the rears to break the welds, then moving the centers outward, re-center and re-weld them back to achieve a 4.375 to 4.5 offset which will be just about perfect.

and I'm up to the fabrication challenge, always am...……….:devil:

·
Registered
218 Posts
74 nova on 18's

Greetings to the group,

I'm running US mag U111 wheels on my 74 that is lowered 3 inches on Hotchkis suspension.

The rear wheels are 18 x 9.5 with 5.25 backspacing with Nitto 555G2 275/40-18. When I put them on the were too far outward and touching the outer wheel well.

A local diff shop shortened the 10 bolt 8.2 roughly an inch and used Moser axles for a Grand national. They now sit really centered in the wheel well but rub slightly when articulating into a driveway, a little more sheet metal work should remedy that. Beside a shiny spot in the wheel well it hasn't caused any damage to the tire or wheel. I'm running C5 corvette 12" calipers and rotors

As for the front I'm running 18 x 8 with 4.5 backspacing with 225/40-18's. The wheels fit fine in the wheel well without any issues. However, I'm running AFX spindles with C5 corvette calipers and 13" rotors and the back of the face of the wheels just barely scrape the "corvette" emblem on the caliper. I'm running 5mm hub centric C5 wheels spacers up front to keep that from happening. I'm not a fan of spacers but it's not in the budget right now for forgeline custom offset wheels. Once the rest of the car is done I will go that route.

Attachments

·
Registered
218 Posts
I have about 1400 miles on them and so far they are awesome. They hook up really well, quiet and ride awesome. I haven't pushed them too hard yet but so far they are great. A few years ago I bought my first set of Nitto EXO Grapplers for my 2500HD and they were absolutely the best truck tire I ever bought. My Girls jeep has Toyo's and the Nova has Nitto's. We are a Nitto/Toyo family...:yes:

·
Registered
122 Posts
That's good to here. I've ran both brands on my vehicles over the years.
Had a 98 Chevy stepside I ran 40" nitto mud grapples and the toyo mt's on. The wife's 04 Sierra has the nitto 420's that have been great . They wear awesome. She has around 30k miles on them and show very little wear. The 66 doesnt see snow or rain. I'll be looking at 225/45/17 up front and 245/45/17 out back.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Same here, I might get caught in a rain shower but rare chance of now here in Phoenix. What did you do to the 66?

·
Registered
122 Posts
The 66 has a tci front mustang II front clip. Factory width 8.2 10 bolt with a Yukon limited slip with 3.73's. I bought the car about a year and half ago. I bought it for the drivetrain . 406 with vortec heads and has a 2004r that i rebuilt last summer after finding the weak link after shearing the splines off the input drum. Added the Holley sniper, did a decent amount of body work and had a friend paint it last August.
I ordered the nt555 g2's yesterday and should be here Monday or Tuesday from discount tire.
Wheels will be rocket racing booster's 17x7 front, 17x8 rear.
I'll have to create a profile of the car when I get the tires and wheels mounted.

·
Registered
26 Posts
That's what I have on it now. I like the wheels and I really don't have the $$ to get 4 new ones. I've been trying to find 2 15" wheels that match mine so that I can put bigger tires on the back - mainly to offset the 4.10 gear I have. I can't drive it on the highway as it is. (3000 rpms at 55 mph, need to go at least 65mph around here) I need larger diameter tires more than I need wider tires - although I could use a little more traction also. ;) That's why I was wondering about the 255/70's, 70 series being taller than 60 series. I should probably just forget it and save for a 200 4R tranny.......:confused:

Anyone running 255/70 15's that could post a pic - please do!
Have read bout tall tires on 8-9 wide rims of custom bak space[pricey] fitting 3rd gen . Cheapo lip rollers can help on sum rides , too.. I run 255x60s on 7x15 rallys which is close on 1 side as noted prev. Overdrive's the way 2 go w/deep gears, 4 sur. Makes cruzin bunch's mo fun.

421 - 432 of 432 Posts