Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if anyone makes/sells the chrome that covers the frame portion of the Vent Window assembly? This chrome covers the frame where the front of the door glass channel is. The Vent Glass frame rubber seal also attaches to the frame next to/between these chrome strips.

I've found the vent glass frame and the glass itself along with the weatherstrip for around the vent glass frame, but no frame chrome. Chevy II Only used to sell the chrome for the vent window frame itself, but no longer does. (#54026 & -1)

The red line is over the chrome strip that I'm looking for:

Attachments

·
Registered
4,659 Posts
Scott

I don't know your answer ...... but, I don't see a RED Line either

Color blind here ... to 'red & green' ....... may want another color or make the line bigger ....

FYI , just feedback , jim

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry Twin - I didn't think about the color thing when I did this.....

The red line is over top of the chrome strip that separates the vent window from the main door glass. This chrome strip runs vertically on the door. The vent window latch/handle pulls down onto this chrome on the inside of the door.

I hope this description helps...

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, so far I haven't found any supplier for these chrome strips.

FYI - Just about everything else is available for the 3rd gen vent windows.

·
Registered
598 Posts
I replaced mine with one from a donor car. Have never seen them available as a replacement part. Mine was gouged from someone using something to break in through the vent window. Think that was pretty common in the day.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts