Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i have researched all the threads on this topic and am looking for some clarification. Many years ago I pulled the bumper off my '73 because it was not repairable and it was thrown away. Sadly the brackets went with it as well. This weekend I picked up what I believe to be off of a '74 from a wrecking yard which is nice and straight and will work well for my purposes. Unfortunately with out brackets from either car I can't tell what year it is off of. Does anyone have pics of the brackets/inside the bumper shell of a '73 vs '74? I was this is a 74 because inside the bumper shell there is a bracket or brace that runs the whole length of it. If I recall correctly my original brackets were two smaller individual pieces.

·
Registered
72 Frame off, bare metal resto-mod. 383, TH350, Eaton Posi, Complete new suspension, disk brakes
1,519 Posts
Welcome from Mukilteo

I'd give Biscays Classic Chev in Centralia a call. They can probably set you up with the correct brackets too.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I think I will use the '74 bumper and inner shell. Has anyone ever trim some weight off of the inner shell on a '74 bumper before? It looks like you could get away with removing almost 2/3 of the re-enforcement shell in the middle.

·
Registered
337 Posts
I'd cut off all except we're you need the ends to attach it to the frame. You should be able to use only the 2 outside bumper bolts to ditch the extra. By extra I mean the extra approx 36 inches in the middle. Put the bumper were you want it to sit on jack stands behind the car or mount it then mark the support were it is not needed( the middle) then take it apart and cut.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts