Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I started tearing the car apart, so I guess there's no turning back now!
Mine won't be a simple bolt-in arrangement, but I will photograph the changes we make. I need to get some pix of Mike and Gino Furiani's cars, as that is what I'm basing mine on.
I also lost several pounds of wiring from the engine compartment!

·
Premium Member
4,365 Posts
This should be an interesting thread. I see you already have the Global West Arms.

·
Premium Member
31,194 Posts
Is this like the set up from Muscle car TV, where they notched the frame?

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
what type of rack is that.. a narrowed MII ?

·
Premium Member
11,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Is this like the set up from Muscle car TV, where they notched the frame?
I haven't seen that one, but it does involve trimming the crossmembers-one for rack clearance, one just to hack a little more weight. I'll post photos as I go.

what type of rack is that.. a narrowed MII ?
It's a standard size MII rack--Chrome-$99 from a close out deal a couple years ago at Southern Rods. I'm using Chassis Engineering steering arms, and still have to pick up some pieces for the ends. And then the column bits and pieces. Shouldn't take me more than 10 years to finish!

·
Premium Member
11,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I see you already have the Global West Arms.
Those were from a magazine story--anybody want to trade me some lightweight arms for these Baja Ready ones? The only reason I wanted these was for weight loss; 9 lbs. wasn't what I expected! They say "drag race only", but I wouldn't hesitate to use them in an off-road truck!!

·
Registered
810 Posts
Shouldn't take me more than 10 years to finish![/QUOTE]

HAHAHAHAHA now that is true.

I still under estimate the time the changes will take me to do and I have been at this for some time now.

I think I will go with the 10 yr timeline and then I will feel better about it when I come in on time or under

1 - 7 of 7 Posts