Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,051 Posts
I saw a set installed in a Camaro a couple years ago. It looked it camefrom the factory that way. They were a very impressive looking in the car. One side was factory and the other was the wider ones. You would have to know what you are looking at to notice the difference.

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
It almost doesnt seem worth it. By the time you spend the money for the narrowed tank and piece it all together then you are already in the price range for the g-bar setup. I was really considering going this route but with the g-bar and keeping your stock tank might be a better option. Correct me if Im off on this one.

·
Premium Member
177 Posts
Here's the DSE's install on my '69

Not the complete kit, just the tubs. Didn't have to do anything to the frame. Gave me about an extra 3", right up to the frame without any notching.

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
Not the complete kit, just the tubs. Didn't have to do anything to the frame. Gave me about an extra 3", right up to the frame without any notching.

Thats looks great but Im looking to go with a 17x11 in the rear and Im not sure thats possible without notching. Let me know anything you may have to offer.

·
Registered
3,849 Posts
you're not kidding about the pricey part!
Umm, you obviously missed the included parts. Mini-Tub Video included... This one, makes it worth it LOL Just kidding.. Looks good when you see it in a car. Like itzIIfazt's car... Very nice!!! JR

·
Premium Member
2,350 Posts
It almost doesnt seem worth it. By the time you spend the money for the narrowed tank and piece it all together then you are already in the price range for the g-bar setup. I was really considering going this route but with the g-bar and keeping your stock tank might be a better option. Correct me if Im off on this one.
If you are going for a link setup you dont need half the stuff in the KIT you just want the seperate tubs.... http://www.detroitspeed.com/productpages/indproduct/bodyprod/nova_tub_body_prod.htm

·
Premium Member
1,647 Posts
With just the tubs and the g-bar, the stock tank will still work. You only need the narrowed tank when you move the leaf springs in. I have those tubs in mine with the prodigy bar (g-bar) in mine and it did not affect the tank area at all. Also with your comment about the 17x11's...yes you will need to notch the frame. With the frame in mine notched, I still have over 2 1/2" of room with 10's in the back so there is lots of room for 11's.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts