Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
So is it a direct bolt on? The link says it's a universal box.

My 69 has factory manual steering and the box is super sloppy. If I can just pull my stock box off and bolt this on, I'm definitely interested. :yes:

·
Premium Member
31,194 Posts
So is it a direct bolt on? The link says it's a universal box.

My 69 has factory manual steering and the box is super sloppy. If I can just pull my stock box off and bolt this on, I'm definitely interested. :yes:
You may want to contact the seller to verify if it is, it looks very similar to my 69's manual box.:yes:

On the top of your box the is a nut and Allen head stud. Hold the stud with an Allen key and loosen the nut with a wrench, when the nut is loosened off, turn the Allen key clockwise about a 1/4 turn, check to see how much play it tales up, and repeat. DO NOT tighten it to the point where the steering gets stiff, this is the adjustment to take up slack in the box.

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
You may want to contact the seller to verify if it is, it looks very similar to my 69's manual box.:yes:

On the top of your box the is a nut and Allen head stud. Hold the stud with an Allen key and loosen the nut with a wrench, when the nut is loosened off, turn the Allen key clockwise about a 1/4 turn, check to see how much play it tales up, and repeat. DO NOT tighten it to the point where the steering gets stiff, this is the adjustment to take up slack in the box.
Ha, I just figured it was his since he posted the link. :rolleyes:

But I already tried adjusting it a long, long time ago. It's pretty much done, there's a good 60º or so of a dead zone where moving the wheel has no effect on the steering. :eek:

Awesome, thanks. :yes:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts