Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought I would post some photos of the installation of my 69's interior. It's being worked on by Gil, aka The Nova Guy, whom I bought the car from in April. Most of the interior components, if not original, were purchased from Ground Up Restoration. Hope of you enjoy!

·
Registered
91 Posts
interior

That is beautiful. I will be replacing my first headliner sometime soon and am apprehensive. It's good to see a nice job done on one.

·
Super Moderator
7,177 Posts
Looks like your headliner still has a few wrinkles in it. Other than re-stretching it again, maybe parking it outside in the hot sun on the roof will help shrink the headliner a bit. Be careful if you use a steamer, 'cause too much heat may melt the surface, and cause it to sag or wrinkle even more. Sometimes, if you mist some distilled water (it won't leave a water mark, like tap water) on the wrinkles, it will shrink the headliner backing, and tighten it up. All in all, the interior looks nice.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Looks like your headliner still has a few wrinkles in it. Other than re-stretching it again, maybe parking it outside in the hot sun on the roof will help shrink the headliner a bit. Be careful if you use a steamer, 'cause too much heat may melt the surface, and cause it to sag or wrinkle even more. Sometimes, if you mist some distilled water (it won't leave a water mark, like tap water) on the wrinkles, it will shrink the headliner backing, and tighten it up. All in all, the interior looks nice.
That's funny that you mention that - when Gil posted those photos, he commented on the wrinkling left in the headliner and told me he was going to park it outside in the heat to get rid of them. His garage where it has been sitting is in A/C so we thought having them acclimate to the FL heat would do the trick too!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Looks awesome!

That looks fantastic!

I have to do the ENTIRE interior in my '71. Is there a parts list for "entire interior" somewhere?! :)
I'm a newbie and I'm worried that I'll order some stuff, and then realize I missed a minor piece... have to order that... wait for it... and then do it all over again on the next piece. I'm from Canada, so shipping is a little trickier.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That looks fantastic!

I have to do the ENTIRE interior in my '71. Is there a parts list for "entire interior" somewhere?! :)
I'm a newbie and I'm worried that I'll order some stuff, and then realize I missed a minor piece... have to order that... wait for it... and then do it all over again on the next piece. I'm from Canada, so shipping is a little trickier.
I purchased nearly everything at Ground Up Restoration. They have interior kits that include seat covers, door panels, carpet, headliner and package tray. Additional parts can be added separately like rear view mirror, weatherstripping, door handles, etc. If you're looking for a blueprint of the parts that you might need, I wouldn't mind sharing my invoice that lists all the part numbers. I am sure that the 69 and 71 needs are similar if not the same.

Turtle Bite said:
Very nice. Did you replace the seat belts? I have been trying to figure out what length the rear factory belts are.
Gil replaced the belts, but they are factory belts from another 69. I'm not sure what their length is - sorry!

·
Registered
5 Posts
I purchased nearly everything at Ground Up Restoration. They have interior kits that include seat covers, door panels, carpet, headliner and package tray. Additional parts can be added separately like rear view mirror, weatherstripping, door handles, etc. If you're looking for a blueprint of the parts that you might need, I wouldn't mind sharing my invoice that lists all the part numbers. I am sure that the 69 and 71 needs are similar if not the same.
That would be awesome if you wouldn't mind!! Can you just PM me with the part numbers? It'll give me somewhere to start anyway!
VERY much appreciated!!!
Thanks....

·
Registered
5 Posts
Your interior looks great. I am just starting my '71 interior restoration and I think I'm missing some parts. What, if anything, holds the rear panel where it meets the door frame? I cannot quite make out that section in any of your photos. Thanks.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Your interior looks great. I am just starting my '71 interior restoration and I think I'm missing some parts. What, if anything, holds the rear panel where it meets the door frame? I cannot quite make out that section in any of your photos. Thanks.
Hi John,

Sorry for the delay in responding to this. The rear panel fits in near the door using wind lace, which gets tapped in using a rubber mallet. I've attached a few photos that Gil sent me that gives a little closer look at that part!

Cheers,
Tommy

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
Hi John,

Sorry for the delay in responding to this. The rear panel fits in near the door using wind lace, which gets tapped in using a rubber mallet. I've attached a few photos that Gil sent me that gives a little closer look at that part!

Cheers,
Tommy

Harakiri41, your car looks great. I noticed from some of the pics that your car was probably the same (frost green) as mine at one time. Do you still have your old interior stuff? In particular, I'm looking for the green seat belts, windlace and B-pillar trim.

Thanks,

Gerry

1 - 20 of 24 Posts