Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who makes headers that fit around power steering and dont hang low on the drivers side? Any comments on the installation and fitment of these also please!!!:yes:

·
Registered
386 Posts
I have Doug Thorley Tri-Y headers. They fit perfect .They do not hang down, the crossmember is lower than the collectors.Kinda tricky to get the muffler tubing under the tranny crossmember. They fit power steering,small block with angle plug heads. Nice work on the welds and thick flanges.

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
You mean ones that DON'T do this???

:devil::devil::devil::devil:

I posted a thread about this a LONG time ago. Don't know if you have a big block or small block - but these headers would have worked if the previous owner would have used BBC mounts instead of the SBC - from the info I got in the other thread. :yes::yes::yes: And yes - I'm too lazy and cheap to fix it...:eek::D

·
Premium Member
2,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Small Block! Yes ones that dont do that!!! The biggest issue is the drivers side hanging an inch lower than the passenger side. Since lowering it drags and i know it will get torn up someday.

·
Premium Member
4,365 Posts
Dougs D368 1-3/4 inch headers fit. They are a little tight around the idler arm though. Tons of room for the spark plugs and starter access though

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have Doug Thorley Tri-Y headers. They fit perfect .They do not hang down, the crossmember is lower than the collectors.Kinda tricky to get the muffler tubing under the tranny crossmember. They fit power steering,small block with angle plug heads. Nice work on the welds and thick flanges.
i agree, i also have desame headers. the only problem is they'r very pricy.

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
Dougs D368 1-3/4 inch headers fit. They are a little tight around the idler arm though. Tons of room for the spark plugs and starter access though

First picture looks CLOSE to the fuel line

1 - 8 of 8 Posts