Chevy Nova Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
31,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone done this? How do I get the seat out, it won't fit through the front door opening because the seat doesn't fold. Do I have to remove the door?:(

I'm beginning to dislike more doors!

·
Super Moderator
'67 4 door, 65 wagon. WISCONSIN
6,921 Posts
If you tip the seat forward it should fit (that's how I had to get my front seat out of my 2nd gen.) If not, can you get it out the rear doors when the rear seat is removed?

·
Registered
69 Posts
I have done it MANY times without removing the door. All it takes is the right angle and some effort. Be sure you are removing it from the driver side, then slide the passenger side of the seat towards the dash. If you remove it from the passenger side, the seat will hit the steering wheel a lot more and a lot earlier.

·
Premium Member
31,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If you tip the seat forward it should fit (that's how I had to get my front seat out of my 2nd gen.) If not, can you get it out the rear doors when the rear seat is removed?
Rear door opening looks to be too small.

I have done it MANY times without removing the door. All it takes is the right angle and some effort. Be sure you are removing it from the driver side, then slide the passenger side of the seat towards the dash. If you remove it from the passenger side, the seat will hit the steering wheel a lot more and a lot earlier.
I'll try it from the driver side, I thought I could clear the steering wheel coming out the passenger side, but it hit. Unfortunately it's raining so I'll have to wait to tomorrow.

Thanks for the help.

·
Premium Member
3,392 Posts
Obviously you have very little moving experience or your too weak and frail. Let Jr. do it, he won't melt in the rain.:devil::devil::devil:

·
Premium Member
31,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Obviously you have very little moving experience or your too weak and frail. Let Jr. do it, he won't melt in the rain.:devil::devil::devil:
Apparently I am, Jr swung the door to the house open and it hit the top of my foot earlier. I have been in pain ever since and can barely walk.:(

I have the perfect solution. Sell me the car, then the problem is solved :devil:
I would, but I would have to explain to Jr he'll be walking when he gets his license and that may not go over so well. All though, he would trade it for a 66-67, if he gets the chance, even without my consent.:eek:

·
Premium Member
13,663 Posts
If you cut out the floors and put the car on a lift it will come right out the bottom.:yes::yes:

·
Premium Member
31,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
If you cut out the floors and put the car on a lift it will come right out the bottom.:yes::yes:
If only I had access to a lift!:rolleyes::D

The seat is 21" on it's side and my jack is only 18" of lift!:(

·
Premium Member
31,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It worked, thanks for the tip!:yes:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts