Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
396nova - 1974 Nova

Year: 1974

Model: Nova

Engine: 396

Body/Exterior: stock

Front End: 69 conversion

Transmission: T350 3 speed auto soon to be tremec tko-500 :)

Rear End: 10 bolt posi with 4:56 gears

Exhaust: hedman headers, flowmaster mufflers and exhaust

Wheels/Tires: 17" AR torque thrust II's front: 225/50/17 rear: 245/45/17

Interior: front buckets, rear bench black

Electrical: hei

Accessories/Options: floor shifter

Sound system: full exhaust + cam :D

Additional Comments: procharger and 5 speed swap soon to come, car has made 2 passes at track so an accurate 1/4 hasnt been dialed in but so far has earned a 14.6 the first pass and 14.2 the second

·
Registered
347 Posts
love the front. Paint is awesome, and the big block looks very nice and at home. That is a very sweet ride friend. . . now i'll be back in a bit... gotta go hug mine...

·
Registered
583 Posts
Like the conversion you did on it makes it look a lot better in my opinon I mean nothing against the 74 novas but 68-72 looked better:yes::D

·
Registered
70 Posts
Need help

First off Nice car. I have a 74 and I too had to do the conversion. I'm working on the rear next. My question since you have a 74 is can you take a look to see what this grounding strap is connected to? Mine is attached to a screw on the underside of the dash the other end slipped off of something. Thanks I appreciate it.

http://www.stevesnovasite.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1127053#post1127053

·
Premium Member
31,194 Posts
That spoiler suits the 73-74 back end better then the 72 & older style. I've never been a big fan of then, but that looks right at home on your car. Nice job!:yes:

·
Registered
768 Posts
That spoiler suits the 73-74 back end better then the 72 & older style. I've never been a big fan of then, but that looks right at home on your car. Nice job!:yes:
x2, that makes the rear end look 100000000x better than the plain 73-74

·
Registered
120 Posts
I've been looking at the early camaro tail-fins,and was wondering what it would look like on my '74 Nova,it looks great,may have to buy one now that I know how it looks.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts