Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I need a bit of help. I have a 67 nova sbc 383 with 142blower Brodix heads 350 trans. 9in rear end MT 29/15.5/15 tires. MSD 6al and MSD dist. Regular stall comv. My question is do I need a retarder or something like that I'm only putting in about 6lb of boost or should I put more with another pulli? I want my car for street cruise and maybe to the track. Thanks

·
Registered
221 Posts
are those truck nuts hanging from the rear bumper? And are you really burning out in dirt? :no:

you might be a ******* when? you have truck nuts hanging from your bumper.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I have a 142 in my 67 for the past 13 years never needed a boost retard for it.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I'm going to be running a 6-71 and have no plans on using a retarder. 6lbs isn't a lot of boost imo, get it up to around 14lbs and run it on e85

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
are those truck nuts hanging from the rear bumper? And are you really burning out in dirt? :no:

Ha, dude my eyes are watering I'm laughing so hard at my desk. I've never heard them called truck nuts. I just call them hitch balls.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Not a *******, and it was my mechanic's kid driving my car. Yes he was doing some burn outs, he was 17 at that time you know how kid are. I had a 327 at that time.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts