Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What should i expect from a 383 stroker its got around 9.5 compresion forged flat top piston 2 valve relief eagle I beam rods cast crank cam is a comp 284 dart steel heads with 2.02 /1.60:

·
Premium Member
337 Posts
Need more info - Download Compcams Camquest - It's free, you can fill in the missing fields yourself & get a rough estimate of HP & TQ.

·
Registered
3,895 Posts
What should i expect from a 383 stroker its got around 9.5 compresion forged flat top piston 2 valve relief eagle I beam rods cast crank cam is a comp 284 dart steel heads with 2.02 /1.60:
Which Comp 284? Hydraulic flat tappet, Hydraulic roller??
Lift?
Rocker ratio used?

Which Dart heads? They have several!! And the earlier ports are different than the latest "Platinum" series.:yes:

What intake and carb?

Any port work?

Who built the engine? Pro shop? Build quality will have a LOT to do with the output potential.:yes:

What rings were used? Gaps? Radial tension?

Who's pistons?

Actual compression MEASURED?

Quench distance?

Headers or manifolds?

There's a LOT more to it than just what you listed. My ballpark would put it somewhere in the 375 to 450 range. But a poor tune could easily make it 300.:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
11,072 Posts
I would expect it to start and run, hopefully for a long time. What would you expect? I suppose my expectations could be somewhat lower than yours.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I would expect it to start and run, hopefully for a long time. What would you expect? I suppose my expectations could be somewhat lower than yours.
Well i hope that it does to, But i guess i was looking for rough hp and tq so maybe this will help 350-30 over 3.75 crank 5.7 eagle I beam rods TRW pistons heads are dart steel 2.02/1.60 they are about 15 years old it has headers the cam is a comp 284/296 -507/510-240/[email protected] range is 2300-6500rpm no port work that will have to come later weilend intake duel plane has a proform 750 douple pump mec sec maybe give rough 1/4 mile it does have 4/speed m21 and 12bolt 3.73 gears By the way thats a great looking shot of your car out of the hole

·
Registered
3,895 Posts
Well i hope that it does to, But i guess i was looking for rough hp and tq so maybe this will help 350-30 over 3.75 crank 5.7 eagle I beam rods TRW pistons heads are dart steel 2.02/1.60 they are about 15 years old it has headers the cam is a comp 284/296 -507/510-240/[email protected] range is 2300-6500rpm no port work that will have to come later weilend intake duel plane has a proform 750 douple pump mec sec maybe give rough 1/4 mile it does have 4/speed m21 and 12bolt 3.73 gears By the way thats a great looking shot of your car out of the hole
Take my last post and fill in the blanks.:yes:

As for estimated E.T.....Include the vehicle weight, tires used, traction devices, suspension style (stock, ladder bar, 4-link, etc.), driving style, clutch (make and style) and launch RPM.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts