Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a 68 nova with a 383 stroker (originally a 72 350 sbc) that will need New headers soon. Here's the catch ...there's an aftermarket power steering assembly that may cause clearance issues. Anyone have a suggestion on quality headers that will fit this set-up? Thanks!

PS. I have angled plugs.

·
Registered
988 Posts
Angled plug heads are a PITA to fit with power steering .I would check with dynatech headers . I have a 72 with a 383 with angled plug heads and power steering I purchased Hedman #65003 1 3/4" headers I think that was the numbers .They were suposed to fit with power steering I still had to clearance one tube that contacted pwr steering gearbox. Do a search here and look up headers with angle plugs and you should come up with some info [look for post's with member sbc 1320 I think he posted the dynatech part #'s for good fitting headers with pwr steering]

·
Registered
598 Posts
I have the Dynatechs on my 70SS 4 speed with AFR 195 angle plug heads and power steering. Although you have to have the right combination of wrenches to change the plugs, there are no clearance issues and I am happy with the quality.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys! Good info. Luckily I ran into a local mechanic who used to race Novas back in the 70's and he's offered to let me schedule time at his shop to work on it so the tools shouldn't be an issue. Thanks again.:)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
You don't happen to have the part number on those dynatech headers for the 70ss do you? I looked up the post by sbc1320 and he references the 66003 hustlers which need minor tweaking. I would prefer a str8 up fit without issue. Thanks.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks bro!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts