Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
What is a good brand of heads that will go perfectly with a mild 383 set up?

Using this: http://www.summitracing.com/parts/ESP-B13004L03068/
If those are the eagle sir rods do a search on them and those are not concidered a stroker rod, Make sure those are not one of the cranks you can push the balancer on by hand.

That looks like a exteranly balanced rotator.

On heads it depends what you want to spend the Dart SHP heads can be bought for around 900.00

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
If those are the eagle sir rods do a search on them and those are not concidered a stroker rod, Make sure those are not one of the cranks you can push the balancer on by hand.

That looks like a exteranly balanced rotator.

On heads it depends what you want to spend the Dart SHP heads can be bought for around 900.00
I'll be needing a balance installer. Is there a better kit? One that requires little to no machine work.

·
Registered
20,109 Posts
The scat I beam with 7/16 bolts is a great rod for about 300.00 On any engines with 3.750 stroke I have always used 6 inch rods. Better rod ratio for a performance build, Lighter piston, and will balance internally.
I put the Scat I beam rod with the 7/16" in my 383, but I just used a 5.7 rod and I had my assembly externally balanced.

Just can't beat those rods in my opinion for the price and they are rated to 750 hp. I wouldn't even think about running a 3/8" rod bolt anymore if I was going to purchase new rods.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The scat I beam with 7/16 bolts is a great rod for about 300.00 On any engines with 3.750 stroke I have always used 6 inch rods. Better rod ratio for a performance build, Lighter piston, and will balance internally.
Is there a good eagle kit that is good for a 3.750 stroke? Eagle seems to be priced well and has a good rep. Would you recommend any other brand 383 kits?

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Is there a good eagle kit that is good for a 3.750 stroke? Eagle seems to be priced well and has a good rep. Would you recommend any other brand 383 kits?
Personally 95% of the rotators I use are Callies I choose to go with quality and don't use cast cranks or hyper pistons.

I balance for a lot of other shops and engine builders in my area and I would have to say the scat rotators seem to be better quaulity over the eagle cheaper kits.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
1 - 9 of 9 Posts