Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know the roller is more money so set that issue aside. I just picked up a flat tappet cam-
Int. @ 050 206
Exh. @ 050 218
Advertised Duration: 256 int./268 exh.
Int. Lift 0.432 in.
Exh. Lift 0.459 in.
110 LSA

If I went hyd. roller instead what would I need to change with regard to the cam profiles?

It's a C20 Suburban tow rig with swirl ports so low end torque is key here. The motor will be done by 5K rpms.

·
Premium Member
13,309 Posts
keep the cam... run Rotella.. and forget it....the cost savings benefit will out weight the roller cam.... it will take a long time to recoup the money invested..... and I doubt the HP increase over the FT cam in that range will be any benefit......

I really doubt a measurable HP increase could be had with the rpm levels that engine will make.....

as for changing the profile.... you would have the ability to raise the lift.... you could keep the same duration and LC

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Rotella? 15/50?

I'm going to take this one back because the local parts place charges me $200 for this cam/litters. Summit sells the exact same profile with lifters for $80!!! I don't mind spending the money but not $120 more for the exact same setup.

So you think the roller would be a waste?

·
Premium Member
2,948 Posts
Rotella? 15/50?

I'm going to take this one back because the local parts place charges me $200 for this cam/litters. Summit sells the exact same profile with lifters for $80!!! I don't mind spending the money but not $120 more for the exact same setup.

So you think the roller would be a waste?
Wow, for that money you can get a roller cam at Summit.

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah that's right. I'm going flat tappet still though. The roller lifters add so much that it's not worth the difference...

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
my engine builder said to use a break in lube...I'll go with that.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts