Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just received my gm sp 383 stroker from pace 450 torque / 450 hp.. Time to upgrade my transmission . i need to find a 350 turbo . company recommendations ? this is a street car only , but i want to do burnouts now and then. . was thinking about the tci street fighter ? seems to have a mix of reviews . your thoughts? THANK YOU in advance.. my old 350 still works but locally ( erie pa ) the re builders have a very mixed success rate

·
Premium Member
342 Posts
Totally agree with Snolan, have a GM Perf 350 with a T350 and 4.11's, wish I had an overdrive or at least a 4th gear.

·
Registered
767 Posts
I'm kinda gun shy of ordering a transmission. If you have a problem you are going to have to ship it out to be fixed. I live out in the country. Probably 3500 people in our whole county but I have a good transmission guy less than twenty minutes from my house. He will build a transmission that will compare to any that can be ordered for less money. It's hard to believe that's not the case almost anywhere in the country. When you start having to crate and ship large items it get's expensive. I would also recommend a overdrive transmission if you are really going to drive the car. My local guy built me a 700r with aftermarket sunshell, extra clutch clutch pack and a constant pressure valve body for around 1500 a few years ago. He also did some servo work to it and added the TCI vacuum lockup wiring to lock the converter in fourth gear.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts