Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i threw a rod in my 350 :( buuut i have a guy that MAY be able to get me a L82 to replace it, im not sure if the swap will even work, CONSIDERING I'm not too knowlagable on what i will or wont have to change on my baby if i was to make it work, I have a 73 and the engine is from a 78 vett, now the power would be cool and im sure it would be awesome to swap it out, but up in norther New York 350s are just to hard to come by up here

·
Registered
315 Posts
That's an easy swap. The L82 is a 350, just has 2.02 heads with screw-in studs and guideplates, forged crank and pistons, around 9 to 1 comp. The cam was the old 350-350hp cam. Pretty solid combination, but you could improve the cam with a more modern grind.
As far as swapping, just use your water pump and accessories, the vette balancer is fine.
Everything will pretty much bolt right up.
Some minor differences on carb linkage and such, but let us know what you have and we can guide you.

HTH,

Jeff

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
awesome thanks!! im going around 0900 tomorrow to check out the nova, and i will get an answer on the engine tomorrow night some time, so i will post pictures tomorrow and thanks again!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts