Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Based on my 350 block casting # 10054727 GM Canada 5.7 LG and stamp code K0316UKA it looks like its a GM Goodwrench crate engine. The engine came with a Holley electric fuel pump and the block does not have a mechanical fuel pump port. Head casting # 3998993 says “Hencho en Mexico and I’m told heads have 75cc chambers. I decided to remove the carbon off the pistons and noticed each piston was marked H345NCP .030 and 04-214-05 A

Does anyone know what these piston numbers represent? I’ve read quite a bit about .030 and piston measurement in the hole at 3.5” for TDC & BDC.

Just trying to educate myself as I work thru putting heads back on.
Thanks guys

Attachments

·
Registered
113 Posts
The H345NCP identifies it as a Sealed Power Hypereutectic piston for a SBC 350/5.7 of course the 0.030 is the over bore size and I believe the other number has to do with the weight of the pistons so they put them in matched sets because casting aren’t exactly the same weight they are close but not exactly the same weight could also have something to do with casting date and lot or batch this way they can identify if it came from a defective batch.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts