Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,924 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 350 in my wagon and I am running Vortec heads with a Comp solid cam. I am still running factory pushrods. Can anyone tell me if 3/8 pushrods will fit unmodified heads or should I go with the 5/16?

·
Premium Member
8,405 Posts
You can get very stiff 5/16" pushrods. .08" wall one piece should handle what ever you got going on. Smith Brothers make very good pushrods.

·
Premium Member
13,245 Posts
Dan_Lebherz said:
I have a 350 in my wagon and I am running Vortec heads with a Comp solid cam. I am still running factory pushrods. Can anyone tell me if 3/8 pushrods will fit unmodified heads or should I go with the 5/16?
Are you running guide plates now or self-aligning rockers? How much clearance do you have around the pushrod slot where it passes through the head?

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
I don't wanna steal you thread Dan, but I was looking into pushrods also. I'm running the 36 year pushrods on my motor and am going to upgrade to some new ones when I buy the new rockers. I was just curious as to how much those old pushrods might be flexing? Also was wondering about the 3/8" versus 5/16".:)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts