1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found a 350 engine with th350 on Craigslist today

He's asking 650

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/wst/pts/3391672907.html

He said its in a 73 el camino and if I buy it tomorrow he will give me the engine mounts ( if they will even work with mine) and the headers.

I am going to look at it tomorrow. It is still in his car so I can drive it and hear it run. He also said for another 200, he will pull out my 6 and install the 350

Should I take it???? Need your guys opinion!! Thanks!

·
Registered
20,119 Posts
Sounds like a fair deal to me and it looks clean minus the dust. Hear it run is a plus and if you can drive it than even better. I say go check it out and best of luck to you.:yes:

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just got back from taking a look at the engine. '

It is a 350 and he threw more things in with the deal.

for 650 I get the complete engine, trans, mounts, headers, and radiator.

AND he is installing it for free. Made up a sad story how im a broke college kid dying for this engine blah blah blah. haha

My next question is (and I know it prolly shouldnt be in the ebay section ) what will I need to make this swap? He was saying something about wiring or linkage?

any info on this would be great! thanks alot guys!

·
Registered
26,336 Posts
WELL MY OPINION, I HATE YOU BOUGHT IT UNDER FALSE PRETENSES, MAYBE HE'S SELLIN' TO FEED HIS FAMILY! I DON'T KNOW, JUS' A THOUGHT! $650.00 AND $200.00 IS A GREAT DEAL FOR ENGINE,TRANS, & INSTALLATION
GOOD LUCK! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
WELL MY OPINION, I HATE YOU BOUGHT IT UNDER FALSE PRETENSES, MAYBE HE'S SELLIN' TO FEED HIS FAMILY! I DON'T KNOW, JUS' A THOUGHT! $650.00 AND $200.00 IS A GREAT DEAL FOR ENGINE,TRANS, & INSTALLATION
GOOD LUCK! :rolleyes:
Decided not to get it actually! It was a "ooooo 350 for cheap!!!" but then I woke up outta my daydream and decided to save the money for an all around disc brake conversion. I'll just wait a bit for a new engine and actually get one that I know a little more about.

btw, baer or willwood? or others that you recommend! thx!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts