Chevy Nova Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a 77 L81 350 out of a stingray. I want to make it a 383 stroker. I'm new to this so I need advice.

1) who has the best stroker kit?
2) What about heads/ intake/cam?
3) what else should I look into buying before I put it in the car(73 Nova) so I don't have to take it out. I want to do this right the first time. I want to make this a street/strip car and run on pump gas.

Also any advice on trans and rear end gear ratio is welcome. I'm thinking 4:10 rear. Will the TH350 be a good choice for the trans?

So if you don't mind, could you help a newbie out. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
13,309 Posts
advise you contact a good machine shop.... as adding a 1/4" stroke to a 350 block is not a first timer build.... lots of mockup work.....

buy a already built short block, or long block..or have one built.. a 383/385/388 is not what you what to do on your first build...

3.42 gears and a t350 with a 2800 stall with a 27" tire will be more fun....

Heads cam? any of the 190 cc ports 68 to 74 cc chamber, and a 274 cam.. RPM air gap intake sporting a holley 4778-4 700cfm carb...

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, I didn't plan on doing it myself, just planning on being there to help so I can learn. I've got the 350 allready, for 300 bucks it was easy on the pocket. As for the tires, will they fit without tubbing? If not then I'll have to learn that too..lol. Thanks for the advice.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts