Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys
I just picked up a 74 nova hatchback for parts it has a 327 in it I think. The numbers stamped on the block are VO407HO . The question I have is what is the engine worth? It is complete with the ram horn exhaust mans. and power steering pump

·
Premium Member
4,045 Posts
was it in good running condition ??....Or is it in good running condition..Can you gaurantee it ??..How many miles on it..??..There's all kinds of questions you might need to know the answers to before you sell it....I bought mine for $100. and rebuild it...I've seen them stock in good condition for $300-$500..You can ask $800 for it..And end up having it sit around for 5 years....Go on Ebay and look over some of their 327's...See what you think yours might be worth....otherwise..It's hard to know...You might have better luck trying to sell it to someone that has the year of car that would match the engine numbers.....Good luck...

·
Premium Member
227 Posts
I paid $1000 for my 327 almost four years ago. But then again, it came with an original aluminum intake ($250), ram horn exhaust mani ($125), and a holley 650cfm Double Pumper carb ($125).

I'd say, depending on the size of the journal and the condition of the heads, you could get $500 easily (for a LG journal with std bore block).

Your casting numbers don't really make sense. It should be a 6 or 8 digit number located on the back of the block on top.

Check out this site for figuring out what year / car it came out of. People go nuts for 327's from first gen Camaros.

Good luck!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts