Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Oil pressure....around 30 psi .... Water temp around 180....2500 rpm for 30 min's. All went extremely well for my first build...Radiator has small leak but didin't make a difference...Remained cool to the touch...Next will change the oil..and radiator will be changed also....Power steering pump hose was loose so there was a small leak....If you have any advice Please feel free..

Oh yeah................I'm drinkin..........ya hoo..

·
Registered
932 Posts
KickAss, good to hear it went as planned
hard to say my first build l forgot to gap the rings hahaha ohboy she had compression

·
Premium Member
8,405 Posts
It's a nice change of pace when someone's build goes right. Usually all we get to hear about are problems.

·
Premium Member
4,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)

·
Registered
3,849 Posts
Very nice. Gotta love it when you do the cam run in and all the fluids hold, dont have to stop the process. Good for you!!! 30PSI at 2500rpm?? Is that what it should be?? Mine is at 60psi. Is mine too high :eek: JR

·
Premium Member
4,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Very nice. Gotta love it when you do the cam run in and all the fluids hold, dont have to stop the process. Good for you!!! 30PSI at 2500rpm?? Is that what it should be?? Mine is at 60psi. Is mine too high :eek: JR
Good question...This is my first build so I'm not sure...I talked with a guy that runs the Kregans store here in town...He built his nova..I think it's a 68...He said great...so I'm guessing 30 psi is cool..so I don't know if 60 psi is too high or not.I also told him after 10 min. it started creeping from 160 - 180 degrees....again he said cool..It remaind at 180 for the rest of the break in......All I know is that I got through the cam break in without any problems....I've changed the oil....fixed the power steering leak....and the radiator pin hole with some liquid metal...It was on the top of the rad so I won't know untill tomorrow...But I'm sure it will be fine..then I'll drain all the water and see how it looks....Then I might just take it for a spin......I'm still running open headers so it won't be much of a drive..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts