Chevy Nova Forum banner

32/36 Weber / Carter Float setting advice

2K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  Rotorbolt 
#1 ·
So I am new to the Chevy Nova world and this site. I picked up a 62 Chevy Nova 400 hardtop. It has a 194 with a PG trans. The seller threw in an Offy dual carb intake with two Weber 32/36 Carbs. I have installed those items and am running into an issue where I start the car and immediately it floods with fuel pouring out of the tops of the carbs. All of the parts looked new, cant verify, but that is what the seller claims.

I have done the following to try to remediate the issue.

1. Installed a Mr. Gasket Fuel pressure regulator.
2. Tapped off the fuel line to the back carb to work with only one carb.
3. Adjusted the floats 40mm with needle contact 50mm open.
4. Checked for additional vacuum leaks.

So this seems to be a stuck needle or float issue. Would it all be feasible to set the floats to 45mm and 50mm or increment hoping this flooding issue will stop? Or is there something else one of you might have run into that I am missing. Any suggestions pertinent would be greatly helpful.

I have also been to the Redline Weber site many times and know what they suggest. None is helpful at the moment.

See less See more
#2 ·
Show us a pic of the carbs. won't know untill we can see what type you have. Whats your fuel pressure at? It could be possible the needle and seats need to be replaced. you'll have to get a rebuild kit for them. Did you check the floats to see if they actually floated and had no leaks? I've been down this road before. I've run dual holley/webber 32/36 carbs temporariy on my 194 6 cyl, so I'm kinda' familiar with your setup. I'm running dual 1bbl holley 1940 carbs on my 194 right now. I experimented with the holley webber 2bbl progessives and had the whole dual setup installed and running with operational linkage and all. My issuie was worn throttle shafts causing a very high idle. but it had terrific throttle response.

#3 ·
Sorry for the late response. Unfortunately when you asked for pictures of the carbs. I had a mis hap with my phone.

I have a link from the site they were purchased.

http://stoveboltengineco.com/catalog/store/#!/~/product/category=361512&id=1222026

I have reached out to Tom, but he apparently is out. I have actually gone back to a single carb manifold and am awaiting a carb rebuild kit to see if that helps.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.