Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
After notching the frame rails a bit and a few other minor modifications I was able to put on my 30x12.5 M/T ET Street tires.

I'm a happy camper :)

·
Premium Member
991 Posts
I see you have already cut some fender away.

·
Premium Member
2,354 Posts
Looks good Anders. Do those tires measure 12.50 or 10.50? I know MT has a funky size chart. I have a 295/65-15 on my 65 with a 2" minitub. Also moved the rear back 1" so I wouldn't have to cut the front of my fender. Can't wait to get mine out. Dave

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
4door64 and 65 Post:Wheels are 30x12.5x15. They have 10.2 tread width and 13.3 total width (measured on 1 10" rim). I have them on a 15x8 rim. Was thinking on move the read back instead of cutting, but my "race mentor" didn't alove me to do it.

Cool II: yes, and a bit too much :-( Didn't have the tires wthen I did the operation so I cut a bit more than needed. But it is actually minimal cut in the fender itself, while I took a bit more of the rocker panel.

levisnteeshirt: More pictures now uploaded to my Picassa abum
http://picasaweb.google.se/anders.awsoho.westberg/Notched_back?authkey=Gv1sRgCNWi9PXSooOCHQ#

Chuck: yup :) A 377 with a fogger system. First race will be 30-31 May, but I'm a bit stresses now as I haven't got all pieces for the engine yet, so still in pieces..... I WILL make a 9 this year :)

·
Vendor
4,070 Posts
Fogger system.................I thaught that I seen some sort of bottle in the pic of the trunk:cool: Looking for 9's...........we definately need some photos of that:yes: Keep us informed.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
I gotta say , i think the tires are WAY to big ! and i would have never cut the body for additional tire . Well ,unless the body is a rotted out racecar.
doesnt look like much room for sway ,or growth !

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I gotta say , i think the tires are WAY to big ! and i would have never cut the body for additional tire . Well ,unless the body is a rotted out racecar.
doesnt look like much room for sway ,or growth !
Estetic - yes, I guess your are right (but it doesn't look too bad when you see the whole car.
Race purpose - still too small :)

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
How much do you plan on spraying. 9" s I don't think that will be to hard to do.
No, I hope not.
I run 10.04 last year with 82N/73F jets in my cheater system. Motor was dynoed to 470hp (Run 11.8 on the motor)

This year I will have more motor and plan to run more NoS. How mush is not descided yet.....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts