Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone have a soundbite of a sbc 3'' system with an x pipe? i'd like to hear it! im contemplating this setup.

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
watch the la invasion video. my 69 nova has one.

·
Premium Member
31,194 Posts
The engine itself will dramatically influence the sound of the exhaust. My rebuilt 402, sounds so much different, then it did before.:yes:

·
Premium Member
15,966 Posts
I have the 3' X pipe type system with Flowmaster 44's
SBC

The last run on this video is a good sound clip

·
Registered
3,849 Posts
SBC 383, big cam with big flowing afr's, solid roller. It'll pull all the way to 8000.
Hmmm.. Whats the belt whine??? No blower.. From the vid it sounds like some belt whine? Is that gear whine from a gear cam drive?? JR

·
Registered
607 Posts
Hmmm.. Whats the belt whine??? No blower.. From the vid it sounds like some belt whine? Is that gear whine from a gear cam drive?? JR
Nope, no belt drive or gear drive. It's probably the fuel pump that you hear. It's mounted in the rear. That, or the electric fan. I had it idled a little too low. At the time, I was still messing with the carb. and the mixture/idle settings.

·
Registered
607 Posts
To the OP:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QRmVpP9EXgM

This is from a few days ago. Same engine, different Nova. You can hear the X-pipe sound a little better than just off idle. With the Magnaflows, it's REALLY loud inside the car once you step on it, and relatively quiet at idle. I love that, but some people don't. The flow/scavenging gains from an x over an h pipe are night and day. If you can spring for it, get one, you won't be disappointed.

EDIT: It's a crappy video camera (aka, my phone), but you can hear it SOME when the throttle is opened, when the camera is inside the car.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts