Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anyone knows where i can buy one of these mounting brackets or plates for 3 point seat belt fitment... Need the plate with the 2 bolts so i can mount my seat belt to.. Did not come with my belts or is it something you just make up..

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,819 Posts
I see you own a 3rd gen (1970) Nova.

I was under the impression that since some cars came with the
3 point belts (as in my son's 68), that all cars would have that mounting
point.

Hope someone else will chime in on your question.

Lou, central Arkansas

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah. Is a 3rd gen but arrived with lap belts. Laws here dictate that anything post 69 have to have 3 point. Morris concept belts at the time would not pass engineering report as i needed one as well for the belt install ???? So bought local and it only has provision for centre bolt.

·
Premium Member
3,819 Posts
That prior post about Morris belts looks like a good bet for you.

They have them for bucket and bench seats.

My son's 68 came with 3 point belts and my 68 came with
2 point belts.

I have not taken my headliner down, but think (hope?) that
the hardware for a 3 point belt system is hidden under there.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just happen to have a customers Nova arrive today for some work so he has the original buckle/plate in the roof. His is 72...had the 3 point belts... Will remove and make a copy but will make mine take the centre bolt instead of the webbing.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
This is the 72 buckle. Just going to make it as wide with the 2 holes and extend it down enough to hide the width of the belt and the centre bolt. Will send you a pic once done. May even get the fabricator to make a few and sell them in evil bay

Attachments

·
Registered
51 Posts
Australia Compliant Seat Belts

Dunrite66,
I don't know where you got your information about our seat belts but our seat belts meet the Australian Compliance Standards.
I think you requested information about our seat belt testing and we told you the seat belts are Australian Compliant but we could not give you vendor supply item specifications as that would let people know their vendors.All of our seat belts have a tag sewn on them that states the test certifications that the seat belt has meet.

Thx, Billy

·
Registered
51 Posts
Seat Belt Top Mount

GM started putting the top mount in all their cars in Feb 66.
Federal Safety Mandate all cars made Jan 1 ,1968 forward came from the factory with 3 point front seat belts.
Billy

1 - 10 of 10 Posts