Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, im trying to figure out a solution to my problem. I have a 63 with a 327 in it. The heads have angled spark plugs and the car has longtube headers (unsure of the brand). The car also has an HEI ignition. The boot on the number 3 plug is touching the header and there is no way for it to not touch. What would be the best solution? I dont think a shorter plug would solve the problem either and the header tube has already been "massaged".

·
Premium Member
3,929 Posts
Hey all, im trying to figure out a solution to my problem. I have a 63 with a 327 in it. The heads have angled spark plugs and the car has longtube headers (unsure of the brand). The car also has an HEI ignition. The boot on the number 3 plug is touching the header and there is no way for it to not touch. What would be the best solution? I dont think a shorter plug would solve the problem either and the header tube has already been "massaged".
Have any pics of the problem?

·
Registered
20,113 Posts
Dimple the tube with a round bar or socket and hammer.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The previous owner already dimpled the header pretty good, but i will see if i can do it a touch more. Are there 2 different types of headers for straight and angled plugs? I know the previous owner changed heads shortly before i bought the car, so maybe it originally had straight plugs?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts